WHAT IS MEDIGAP PLAN F?
Plan F often serves as a frame of reference when discussing what other policies cover because it offers the most coverage out of any Medigap policy.
WHAT MEDIGAP PLAN F COVERS
● Medigap Plan F takes care of these out-of-pocket costs:
● Medicare Part A hospital costs and coinsurance
● The first three pints of blood when getting bloodwork
● Medicare Part B coinsurance or copay
● Medicare Part B deductible
● Medicare Part B excess charges
● Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance or copay
● Medicare Part A deductible
● Coinsurance for skilled nursing facility care
● 80% of the out-of-pocket cost for emergency treatment received during foreign travel
WHAT MEDIGAP PLAN F DOESN’T COVER
Plan F doesn’t cover anything for anyone who first became eligible for Medicare on or after January 1, 2020. That’s because those who first qualify for Medicare at that time are not able to get it. The same goes for Plan C.
Medigap Plan G is now emerging as one of the more popular Medigap Plans since Medigap Plan F’s availability has become limited. The two are nearly identical except for Plan G’s lack of Part B deductible coverage.
To get your questions answered about Medicare Supplement plans or help to pick the right plan for your medical needs, get in touch with our Medicare Specialist today.
Get The Right Medicare Plan Today
Fill out the form to get your questions answered by Dale Wondisford wih a FREE no-obligation consulation.