WHAT IS MEDIGAP PLAN D?
Plan D provides thorough coverage for the majority of all leftover cost categories. It bears a strong similarity to Plan C, but unlike Plan C, it does not cover the Medicare Part B deductible.
WHAT MEDIGAP PLAN D COVERS
The list of out-of-pocket costs Plan D covers:
● Medicare Part A hospital costs and coinsurance
● The first three pints of blood when getting bloodwork
● Medicare Part B coinsurance or copay
● Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance or copay
● Medicare Part A deductible
● Coinsurance for skilled nursing facility care
● Medigap Plan D also covers 80% of leftover costs from receiving emergency treatment during foreign travel.
WHAT MEDIGAP PLAN D DOESN’T COVER
Plan D exemplifies the shift to an era where those newly eligible for Medicare cannot get a Medigap policy covering the Medicare Part B deductible. Aside from the lack of Part B deductible coverage, Medigap Plan D is identical to Medigap Plan C.
For further information about Medigap Plan D Plans, get in touch with our Medicare Specialist today.
Get The Right Medicare Plan Today
Fill out the form to get your questions answered by Dale Wondisford wih a FREE no-obligation consulation.