WHAT IS MEDIGAP PLAN C?
To preface, Medigap Plan C is only available to those who were eligible for Medicare before January 1, 2020.
If you first became eligible for Medicare on January 1, 2020, or later you will not be able to enroll in this Plan. This restriction was put in place because Plans are no longer allowed to offer coverage for the Medicare Part B deductible.
Medigap Plan C is among the most comprehensive of all the Medigap Plans, alongside Plans F and G. Medigap Plan C offers coverage for all but one category, the Medicare Part B excess charges.
WHAT MEDIGAP PLAN C COVERS
The list of all out-of-pocket charges that Plan C covers:
● Medicare Part A hospital costs and coinsurance
● The first three pints of blood when getting bloodwork
● Medicare Part B coinsurance or copay
● Medicare Part A hospice care coinsurance or copay
● Medicare Part A deductible
● Medicare Part B deductible
● Coinsurance for skilled nursing facility care
● Medigap Plan C will also cover 80% of the leftover costs from emergency treatment during travel in a foreign country.
WHAT IT DOESN’T COVER
Medigap Plan C does not offer coverage for Part B excess charges.
To get your questions answered about Medicare Supplement plans or help to pick the right plan for your medical needs, get in touch with our Medicare Specialist today.
Get The Right Medicare Plan Today
Fill out the form to get your questions answered by Dale Wondisford wih a FREE no-obligation consulation.