Chronic Special Needs Plans (C-SNPS)
Learn more below or click for your FREE no-obligation consultation.
WHAT ARE CHRONIC SPECIAL NEEDS PLANS (C-SNPS)?
Chronic Special Needs Plans or C-SNPs are a type of Medicare Advantage Plan within the Special Needs Plan subcategory. As the name suggests, this program is for those who have severe and chronic disabling conditions.
C-SNPs are among the most exclusive of the Special Needs Plans. You must suffer from one of the 15 types of chronic and debilitating conditions listed. Some examples of these conditions are:
● Major depressive disorder
● Chronic heart failure
C-SNP PLAN BENEFITS
C-SNP policies offer greater coverage for the services you need the most. In addition, you can get a plan which gives you focused coverage. You can also get one angled toward treating comorbid conditions (diabetes and chronic heart failure). This is the best policy to meet your medical needs for someone who may suffer from multiple serious conditions.
You can have a policy that focuses on these groupings:
● Diabetes and chronic heart failure
● Cardiovascular disorders and chronic heart failure
● Cardiovascular disorders and diabetes
● Diabetes, cardiovascular disorders, and chronic heart failure
● Combinations of the above and stroke
WHEN TO ENROLL
If you are eligible to enroll in a C-SNP, here are the Medicare enrollment periods you should take note of:
● Initial Enrollment Period: The Initial Enrollment Period is a seven-month period that starts your Medicare eligibility. It begins three months before your 65th birthday and ends three months after.
● Annual Enrollment Period: AEP begins on October 15th and ends on December 7th of every year. During this period, you have the option to make changes to your Medicare coverage, such as switching from Original Medicare to Medicare Advantage. If you’re currently enrolled in Medicare Advantage, you also have the option to switch to a different Medicare Advantage Plan.
● Special Enrollment Period: The SEP can be triggered in several ways but is ultimately unique to the individual’s situation. It is best to speak with a Medicare Specialist to determine if you qualify for a SEP. One of the most common reasons beneficiaries qualify for this period is because they moved out of their plan’s service area. If you qualify for this period, you have the option to make changes to your Medicare Advantage Plan, or you switch back to Original Medicare.
If you have more questions or need help figuring out if a C-SNP plan is right for you, get in touch with one of our Medicare Specialists.
Get The Right Medicare Plan Today
MEDIGAP INSURANCE AGENT
13 Years experience helping hundreds of families ge the best insurance policy to meet their needs.
Fill out the form to get your questions answered by Dale Wondisford wih a FREE no-obligation consulation.